Of all the feasts of the Lord, Shabbat is pretty much the best. What could top getting one day a week to kick back and enjoy G-d’s blessings? You’ve heard it said, “Thank goodness it’s Friday!” Well, Baruch HaShem for giving Shabbat to enjoy every Friday night and Saturday! He commanded the following in Leviticus 23:3 to bless us:
There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of Sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work, wherever you live, it is a Sabbath to the L-rd.
So how can we enjoy Shabbat to the max? Follow this recipe!
- Preheat your home to a ready-for-Shabbat state by planning ahead (i.e. make yummy food).
- Mix equal parts of love, respect, peacefulness and rest in a loving home.
- Add friends and family to taste.
- Generously sprinkle worship and G-d’s word over the entire day (dumping large quantities is encouraged).
- Inject desserts, naps and hugs wherever you want!
If you follow this recipe, you are sure to have a wonderful Shabbat! Shabbat shalom!!!
Blessed is the one who does this- the person who holds it fast, who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it, and keeps their hands from doing any evil.